NDHSAA Staff Opening
North Dakota High School Activities Association
Staff Opening for Assistant Executive Secretary
The North Dakota High School Activities Association is
seeking applications for an administrative position as Assistant Executive
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and facilitating the following athletic activities.
- All female sports, cheer liaison, boys and girls swimming & diving, boys and girls cross country and boys and girls track and field.
- Working with school administrators, coaches, sponsors, contest officials, media and event management to foster educationally based activities.
- Understand and provide interpretation of NDHSAA and NFHS contest rules.
- Work closely with advisory committees in the development/change to athletic rules and or regulations.
- Some weekend, weeknight work and related travel are required.
- Development of face to face and/or on-line rules meetings.
- Assignment of post-season game officials for named sports.
- Assuming other duties as assigned by the Board and or Executive Secretary.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Education shall include a minimum of a four year teaching degree.
- A background in athletics that includes a successful coaching/administrative experience.
- Strong administrative skills are necessary.
- Excellent speaking, writing and listening skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with educators, coaches/directors, contest officials, parents and students.
- Computer competency required. Will be required to learn the Hy-Tek program for Swimming & Diving and Track & Field.
- Knowledge of Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point computer programs
- Good organizational skills, good judgment, tact and integrity.
- Self-motivation is a must.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to develop and implement short and long-range plans to meet Association needs.
Salary will be determined commensurate with experience and other related qualifications. A comprehensive benefit plan is also provided.
Application Process: Applicants shall submit:
- A letter of application indicating strengths that would qualify the individual for this position.
- Resume—two page maximum
- Include teaching certificate number and or administrative credential number.
references with phone numbers and mailing addresses for each.
Timeline:Applications will be received until January 31, 2012.
Applications will be screened February 22, 2012
Interviews will be conducted March 7, 2012 in Valley City.
March 9th or 16th, 2012 the successful candidate will be approved/named at the NDHSAA Board Meeting.
The North Dakota High School Activities Association is an
equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Complete applications should be sent to:
Sherman Sylling, Exec. Sec.
350 2nd St NW
Valley City, ND 58072