WHAT DO I NEED TO QUALIFY?
-enjoy high school sports and want to give something back
-have a basic understanding of the sport and its rules
-be an adult or a junior or senior in high school (some regulations apply)
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Complete the NFHS Learn Concussion in Management course at the NFHS Learn website
- Click HERE for a link to the NFHS Learn site.
- Click HERE for a pdf of instructions on how to register and complete NFHS courses.
- Contact the NDHSAA office or click here to create an NDHSAA Account
- Once your account is created, Click the Officials Registration link and complete the official's registration form
- Submit and print the registration receipt
- Return the receipt along with the required registration fee to the NDHSAA office
- Complete one of the NDHSAA sponsored rule interpretation meetings for each sport
- Complete one of the NDHSAA sponsored workshops s for each sport (if applicable)
- Complete one of the NDHSAA sponsored daycamp as required (if applicable)
- Complete an annual, online open-book examination in the sport(s) of your choice (if applicable)
HOW DO I GET GAMES?
-as a registered official, your name will be listed in this web site available to school administrators
-individual high schools can contract directly with you
-as an NDHSAA official, you may work with local official's associations for assignments contract individual schools on your own
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF OFFICIATING?
-staying involved in your favorite activity
-meeting and working with young students
-meeting and developing a comradery with fellow officials, coaches and school officials
-maintain physical and mental fitness
-maintain an enthusiasm for your favorite activity
-earn some extra money
WHO DO I CONTACT?
North Dakota High School Activities Association
P.O. Box 817
Valley City, ND 58071
Telephone - 701-845-3953
Fax - 701.845.4935
NOTE: For junior high contests, officials registered by the NDHSAA should be provided whenever possible. Non-registered high school students shall not be used as referees, umpires or other officiating positions.