North Dakota High School Activities Association
Board of Directors Meeting
Bismarck - Ramkota - Room 3160
October 21, 2015 - 9:15 am
* Items added after initial posting of agenda
8:00 am – Constitution & By-Law’s Committee (Hall, Baesler, Bertsch, Stedman, Vollmer) – Room 3160
8:15 am – Football Committee (Dahlen, Manley, Rinas, Schafer) – Room 1161
8:45 am – Executive Board (Wiberg, Hall, Rinas) – Room 1161
9:10 am – Realignment Committee (Manley, Rinas, Roaldson, Schafer) – Room 3160
- Call Meeting to Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Consent Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Financial Reports
- Coop Dissolutions
- Coop Applications
- Executive Board Report
- Jason Wiberg, Committee Chair, will report to the Board on Committee actions.
- Football Committee Report
- Andy Dahlen, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with an update on the development of a member school survey regarding the 2017 and 2018 football plan.
- Watford City Request (9:30 am audience)
- Watford City High School has requested an audience for Board consideration as to their classification for the 2016-17 and 2017-18 school years.
(1) *Watford City and Johnson Corners, boys’ basketball, 7-12, 2015-16
(2) *Watford City and Johnson Corners, girls’ basketball, 7-12, 2015-16
(3) *Watford City, Johnson Corners, and Alexander, boys’ track, 7-12, 2015-16
(4) *Watford City, Johnson Corners, and Alexander, girls’ track, 7-12, 2015-16
(5) *Watford City and Alexander, baseball, 9-12, 2015-16
(6) *Watford City, Johnson Corners, and Alexander, boys’ golf, 7-12, 2015-16
(7) *Watford City, Johnson Corners, and Alexander, girls’ golf, 7-12, 2015-16
(8) *Watford City and Johnson Corners, volleyball, 7-12, 2016-17
- Constitution & By-Law’s Committee Report
- Steve Hall, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with a report from the Constitution and By-Law’s Committee
- Realignment Committee Report
- Jeff Manley, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with a recommendation for the placement of Dakota Prairie in a Class B wrestling region for the 2015-16 season.
- General Assembly Meeting
- An agenda for the General Assembly Meeting will be distributed.
- Open Gym Guidelines
- Staff member Fletschock will present a handout to the Board regarding their request to have staff review the open gym guidelines.
- Hardship Appeal (10:45 am audience)
- West Fargo Sheyenne High School has requested an appeal to a denied hardship application. Necessary information will be distributed at the meeting.
- Student Leadership Advisory Group
- The Board will continue discussion on the creation of a student leadership advisory group. Action was tabled at the September meeting.
- Media Specialist Position
- The Board will act on a Personnel Committee recommendation to create a media specialist position beginning in July 2016.
- Kindred High School Request
- Attached is a request from Perry Piatz, Activities Director at Kindred, requesting the Board to allow their varsity football game to have a contest prior to the first allowable AA date and to adjust their first allowable practice for the 2016 season.
- Rooming List
- November Board Meeting in Minot
- State/Region Tournament Award Presentation List
- Board Correspondence
- Representative Reports
- Here is opportunity for Board members to create awareness to issues and concerns that may or may not be found on a future agenda.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Bismarck St. Mary’s Action Plan
- Spalding Basketball/Dudley Softball State Adoption
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance renewal
- SMAC Committee Notes
- NDSBA Convention
- Next Meeting Date and Location
- November 20, 2015 – Minot – Holiday Inn (Riverside)