WHAT DO I NEED TO QUALIFY?
- Enjoy high school sports and want to give something back
- Have a basic understanding of the sport and its rules
- Be an adult or a junior or senior in high school (some regulations apply)
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Complete the NFHS Learn Concussion in Management course at the NFHS Learn website
- Help PDF - Instructions on how to register and complete the NFHS Learn Councussion Course
- Create an NDHSAA Account
- Once your account is created, click the Officials Registration link and complete the official's registration form
- Submit and print the registration receipt
- Pay your fee online, or return the receipt along with the required registration fee to the NDHSAA office
- Complete one of the NDHSAA online rule interpretation clinics for each sport you wish to officiate
- Complete one of the NDHSAA sponsored workshops for each sport (if applicable)
- Complete one of the NDHSAA sponsored daycamp as required (if applicable)
- Complete an annual, online open-book examination in the sport(s) of your choice (if applicable)
HOW DO I GET GAMES?
- As a registered official, your name will be listed in this web site available to school administrators
- Individual high schools can contract directly with you
- As an NDHSAA official, you may work with local official's associations for assignments, or contract individual schools on your own
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF OFFICIATING?
- Staying involved in your favorite activity
- Meeting and working with young students
- Meeting and developing a comradery with fellow officials, coaches and school officials
- Maintain physical and mental fitness
- Maintain enthusiasm for your favorite activity
- Earn some extra money
WHO DO I CONTACT?
North Dakota High School Activities Association
P.O. Box 817
Valley City, ND 58072
Telephone - 701-845-3953
NOTE: For junior high contests, officials registered by the NDHSAA should be provided whenever possible. Non-registered high school students shall not be used as referees, umpires or other officiating positions.