North Dakota High School Activities Association
Board of Directors Meeting
NDHSAA Office-Valley City - 10:00 am
August 18, 2015
August 17th Committee Meeting
5:00 pm – New Member Orientation (Fetsch, Wiberg, Vollmer, Schafer) – Fetsch’s Office
August 18th Committee Meetings
9:00 am – Photos (Vollmer, Schafer) – Dutton’s
9:00 am – Media Committee (Bertsch, Dahlen, Wiberg) – Sylling Room
9:15 am – Finance/Personnel Committee (Rinas, Hall, Manley) – Fetsch’s Office
9:30 am – Football Committee (Dahlen, Manley, Rinas, Schafer) - Sylling Room
9:30 am – Constitution & By-Law’s Committee (Hall, Baesler, Bertsch, Stedman, Vollmer) – Champions Room
9:55 am – Executive Committee (Wiberg, Hall, Rinas) - Fetsch’s Office
Agenda - 10:00 am
- Call Meeting to Order
- Welcome New Board Members
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Consent Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Financial Reports
- Coop Dissolutions
- New Salem-Almont, Center-Stanton, and Glen Ullin, boys’ cross country, 7-12, 2015-16
- New Salem-Almont, Center-Stanton, and Glen Ullin, girls’ cross country, 7-12, 2015-16
- Dickinson and Hazen, girls’ hockey, 7-12, 2015-16
- West Fargo and West Fargo Sheyenne, girls’ soccer, 9-12, 2015-16
- Surrey and Nedrose, boys’ track, 7-8, 2015-16
- Surrey and Nedrose, girls’ track, 7-8, 2015-16
- Coop Applications
- Bismarck High and Linton, boys’ hockey, 2015-16, 9-12, no fee
- Fargo Public Schools and Oak Grove, girls’ hockey, 2015-16, 9-12, late fee
- Bismarck Public Schools and Bismarck Legacy, boys’ hockey, 2015-16, 9-12, no fee
- Bismarck Public Schools and Bismarck Legacy, girls’ hockey, 2015-16, 7-12, no fee
- Bismarck Public Schools and Bismarck Legacy, girls’ gymnastics, 2015-16, 7-12, no fee
- Surrey and Nedrose, baseball, 2015-16, 9-12, late fee
- 2014-15 Audit Report
- Harold Rotunda will provide the Board with an audit report for last fiscal year.
- Executive Board Report
- Jason Wiberg, Committee Chair, will report to the Board on Committee actions.
- Emergency Coop Application – Shanley and St. Joseph’s (MN), girls/ swimming, 7-12, 2015-16, no fee
- Football Committee Report
- Andy Dahlen, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with a report from the football committee on the 2017-18 football plan.
- Constitution and By-Law’s Committee Report
- Steve Hall, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with a report from the constitution and by-law’s committee on the development of a Code of Conduct policy.
- Media Committee Report
- Todd Bertsch, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with a report from the media committee.
- Finance/Personnel Committee Report
- Brad Rinas, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with a report from the finance/personnel committee.
- Strategic Plan
- Staff member Brenda Schell will provide the Board with an update on the approved NDHSAA strategic plan.
- Distinguished Student Presentation (11:30 am audience)
- NDHSAA Distinguished Student Jordyn Hetland and Finalist Keaton Erickson will report to the Board on their recent trip to the NFHS Student Leadership Summit in Indianapolis.
- Rooming List
- September Board Meeting in Valley City
- Board Correspondence
- Representative Reports
- Here is opportunity for Board members to create awareness to issues and concerns that may or may not be found on a future agenda.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Fall Administrator Meetings
- New Administrator Orientation
- NDHSAA Legal Retainer
- 2014-15 T-Shirt Report
- Anyone Can Save a Life Program
- Next Meeting Date and Location
- September 22, 2015 – Valley City – NDHSAA Office