North Dakota High School Activities Association
Board of Directors Meeting
NDHSAA Office-Valley City
September 16, 2014
9:00 am - Football Committee (Roaldson, Dahlen, Rinas, Wiberg) – Fetsch’s Office
9:00 am - Constitution and By-Law’s Committee (Hall, Baesler, Stedman, Brannan, Bertsch) – Board Room
10:00 am - Fine Arts Committee (Brannan, Baesler, Wiberg, Bertsch) – Board Room - North
10:00 am - Finance/Personnel (Rinas, Hall, Manley) – Fetsch’s Office
10:15 am - Realignment Committee (Rinas, Manley, Roaldson, Brannan) – Board Room
10:15 am - Executive Committee (Hall, Wiberg, Martin) – Fetsch’s Office
AGENDA - 10:30 am
- Call Meeting to Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Financial Report
- Edward Jones Authorization and Agreement Form
- Board action is required to change the authorized representative’s name on Edward Jones accounts
- Coop Dissolutions
- Coop Applications
- TGU-Granville and TGU-Upham in one act play, 7-12, 2014-15, no fee
- Velva and Sawyer in football, 7-12, 2015-16, no fee
- Bismarck Public Schools and Martin Luther in gymnastics, 7-12, 2014-15, no fee
- Bishop Ryan and South Prairie in football, 7-12, 2015-16, no fee
- Bishop Ryan and South Prairie in wrestling, 7-12, 2015-16, no fee
- Grafton and Fordville-Lankin in softball, 7-12, 2014-15, no fee
- Washburn and Wilton, football, 9-12, 2015-16, no fee
- Washburn, Wilton and Wing, football, 7-8, 2015-16, no fee
- Surrey and Nedrose, football, 9-12, 2015-16, no fee
- Executive Committee Report
- Steve Hall, Executive Board Chair, will report on committee actions.
- Realignment Committee Report
- Brad Rinas, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with an update on the Class B Basketball and Volleyball Ad-Hoc Committee and make a recommendation to the Board for the 2015-16 District/Region placement for Nedrose.
- Fine Arts Committee Report
- Steve Brannan, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with a report on the formation of a survey regarding Fine Arts season dates.
- Constitution & By-Law’s Committee Report
- Steve Hall, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with a report on the proposed Academic Eligibility By-Law change.
- Finance/Personnel Committee Report
- Brad Rinas, Committee Chair, will provide the Board will an update on the process and timeline for selecting a firm/individual for NDHSAA Legal Retainer Services.
- Football Committee Report
- Jim Roaldson, Committee Chair, will provide the Board with a recommendation for preliminary region assignments in the 2015 and 2016 football plan.
- Nedrose Request
- Attached is a letter from Charles Miller, Nedrose Administrator, requesting the Board to place Nedrose in districts and regions for athletics and fine arts. In addition a request to waive the transfer rule for those Nedrose students who were tuitioned out to other districts. Nedrose will be a K-12 school beginning in 2014-15.
- Surrey Request
- Attached is a letter from Lyall Krueger, AD at Surrey, requesting the Board to waive Nedrose’s boys’ enrollment numbers in the 2015 and 2016 football plan.
- Fargo Davies HS request
- Attached is a letter from Lenny Ohlhauser, AD at Fargo Davies requesting Board consideration to allow a transfer student to be eligible for varsity competition.
- NDOA Report
- The NDOA Board of Directors recently met and Justin Fletschock will provide a report, which will include recommendations for consideration. The Board will act on those recommendations at its November meeting. Recommendations will be presented to the General Membership in October and member input will be requested prior to Board action.
- Rooming List
- Board Correspondence
- Representative Reports
- Here is opportunity for Board members to create awareness to issues and concerns that may or may not be found on a future agenda.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Linton By-law amendment proposal
- Bismarck Legacy – blended year update
- Watford City enrollment
- Labor Day Start
- NFHS Network
- NDIAAA Fall Workshop – Sept. 20-22 in Mandan
- State Tournaments
- Boys’ Tennis – October 2-4, Grand Forks
- Class A Girls’ Golf – October 6-7, Jamestown
- Boys’ Soccer – October 9-11, Grand Forks
- Next Meeting, Date and Time
- October 15, 2014—Ramkota Hotel – Bismarck, ND