How to use the Student Import Template
Filling in the template
- Download the template (.xlsx file) from the Forms page.
- Fill in the form.
- Note: If you are going to upload the template yourself delete the School, Transfer Student, and Foreign exchange columns prior to uploading.
- Note: The 'Year entered 9th grade field' should only be filled in for new 9th graders, and should be the year they began 9th grade, i.e. "2021".
- Download the PowerSchool Export Template from the Forms page.
- Upload the PowerSchool Export Template to PowerSchool.
- Download/save the .txt file.
- Open the .txt in Excel.
Uploading to the NDHSAA Admin Portal
You can upload these templates yourself if you wish, please take care to ensure that all fields are properly filled out. Otherwise, you may send your template to Nick Walton to upload for you.
- Delete the School, Transfer Student, Foreign Exchange Student columns, as well as all rows (including headers) above the data.
- Make sure the spread sheet is saved as a .csv file (Comma Seperated Values).
- Login to NDHSAA.com.
- Click on you school.
- Click on the Students tab
- Click on the Imports button.
- Click New Import
- Browse to and upload the file.
- Scroll through the listings checking for any errors.
- If there are no errors, commit the import. If there are errors, go back to the spread sheet and make corrections. Then follow steps 1-10 again.