Officials' Registration and Requirements
NDHSAA 2018/19 Officials' Registration Opened 5/15/18
NDHSAA 2019/20 Officials' Registration Will Open 5/15/19
• Earlybird registration deadline: July 1st
• Renewal registrations submitted after July 1st will pay an additional $20.
• Registration fees must be paid within 30 days of registration. After 30 days, registrations will be cancelled.
• No registrations will be taken for sports after the date of the last rules clinic in that sport.
• North Dakota state law requires concussion management training every 2 years.
• NDHSAA Officials must complete all requirements for officials within their sport(s) each year.
• To register as an official through NDHSAA, you will need an NDHSAA account.
Sports, activities and officials are administered through NDHSAA, the NDHSAA private website.
Lists all workshop, clinic, camp, and exam requirements for officiating all sports.
Each basketball official must have officiated or have been a supervisor at a NDHSAA approved camp within the previous three years to be eligible to officiate region and state tournaments. Football and Baseball Camp information is also available at the links below.
|Basketball Camps||Football Camps||Baseball Camps|
Clinics (Rules Clinics for all sports & activities)
Rules Clinics are put on by the NDHSAA Assistants the Executive Secretary and held seasonally either online. There are no make-up clinics.
ALL officials of baseball, basketball, football, softball, volleyball and wrestling must attend one officials’ workshop or camp each year.
Officials and head coaches of baseball, basketball, football, gymnastics, hockey, soccer, softball, swimming & diving, volleyball and wrestling must take an open book test in the sport(s) in which he/she is a head coach/official. Click the Online Testing link above for information.
Other Officials Information
The link above will provide you with links to the NDHSAA current calendar, current year tournament sites, 7 year calendar and 7 year state tournament site rotation.
The NDHSAA has joined in the fight against Cancer by partnering with the "Calling for a Cure" campaign.
Concussion training is required every 2 years as per North Dakota State Law. Click the Concussion link above for additional information.
All NDHSAA activities must abide by the NDHSAA Code of Conduct.
The North Dakota Officials Association
NDHSAA offers officials the links below for websites where officials clothing and gear may be purchase.
Regulations by sport/activity
NFHS offers online coaches' education courses.
Information on MRSA.
How to become a registered official