Officials' Registration and Requirements
NDHSAA Officials' Registration
Officials Registration for the 2020-21 school year opened on July 1, 2020.
• Registration fees must be paid within 30 days of registration. After 30 days, registrations will be cancelled.
• Regular registrations will be accepted until the date of the last rules clinic in each sport.
• Late registrations will be accepted after the date of the last rules clinic in each sport. Late registrations will result in an additional $50 per sport and a drop of a level in certification the following year.
• North Dakota state law requires concussion management training every 2 years.
• NDHSAA Officials must complete all requirements for officials within their sport(s) each year.
• To register as an official through NDHSAA, you will need an NDHSAA account.
Sports, activities and officials are administered through NDHSAA, the NDHSAA private website.
Lists all workshop, clinic, camp, and exam requirements for officiating all sports.
Each basketball official must have officiated or have been a supervisor at a NDHSAA approved day-camp within the previous three years to be eligible to officiate region and state tournaments. Football and Baseball Camp information is also available at the links below.
Basketball Camps - Football Camps - Baseball Camps
Clinics (Rules Clinics for all sports & activities)
Rules Clinics are put on by the NDHSAA Assistants the Executive Director and held seasonally online. There are no make-up clinics.
ALL officials of baseball, basketball, football, softball, volleyball and wrestling must attend one officials’ workshop or day-camp each year.
Baseball - Basketball-Boys - Basketball-Girls - Football - Softball - Volleyball - Wrestling
Officials and head coaches of baseball, basketball, football, gymnastics, hockey, soccer, softball, swimming & diving, volleyball and wrestling must take an open book test in the sport(s) in which he/she is a head coach/official.
Other Officials Information
The link above will provide you with links to the NDHSAA current calendar, current year tournament sites, 7 year calendar and 7 year state tournament site rotation.
Concussion training is required every 2 years as per North Dakota State Law. Click the Concussion link above for additional information.
All NDHSAA activities must abide by the NDHSAA Code of Conduct.
The North Dakota Officials Association
NDHSAA offers officials the links below for websites where officials clothing and gear may be purchase.
Regulations by sport/activity
NFHS offers online coaches' education courses.
Information on MRSA.
How to become a registered official